Hot off the press, we’re so excited to share another fantastic product update for our customers. As of September 1, 2023, the revised Form I-9 is available within the WorkBright platform for immediate customer use.
For any team engaged with hiring processes, the DHS-mandated Form I-9 is a fact of life. The newest version, will make life easier for hiring, HR and onboarding teams. Read on to find out why!
The revised Form I-9 contains a number of changes including:
- Combining Sections 1 and 2 onto a single-sided sheet
- A new design allowing the form to be fillable on tablet and mobile devices
- A revised list of Acceptable Documents plus new guidance on employment authorization documentation
- Moved Section 1 Preparer/Translator Certification and Section 3 Reverification to standalone supplements that employers can provide when necessary
- A new checkbox allowing employers to indicate they examined Form I-9 documentation remotely under a DHS-authorized alternative procedure rather than via physical examination
How it Works
- The revised Form I-9 was published on the USCIS website on August 1, 2023.
- According to USCIS advice, employers can use the older Form I-9 (edition date 10/21/19) through Oct. 31, 2023.
- However, starting Nov. 1, 2023, all employers must use the most recent version of the Form I-9.
Why You’ll Love It
Containing several user-friendly updates, the 2023 Form I-9 is more navigable than previous versions and most importantly, allows employers using E-Verify to indicate the use of an alternate procedure to remotely examine employees’ Form I‑9 documents.
We’re excited to make this update available for WorkBright customers, to help further streamline remote I-9 verification and alternative procedure!
With a deadline of November 1, 2023, we’re proud to be releasing the new version nice and early to help our customers stay ahead of compliance requirements and take advantage of the benefits.
Although the revised Form I-9 is not required for use until November 1, the ability to utilize it now within the WorkBright platform means that employers can:
- Have confidence in using the most modern and up-to-date version of the form
- Correctly document when alternative procedure was utilized for remote inspection and reverification of identity documents. Learn more on alternative procedure here.
- Ensure compliance with the latest DHS and USCIS guidelines
If you’d like to see a 15-minute demo of the WorkBright platform showcasing the new 2023 Form I-9, reach out here.
We’re dedicated to making your onboarding journey as seamless as possible. This update is just the tip of the iceberg – we have a treasure trove of enhancements and features lined up that will continue to elevate your WorkBright experience. Stay tuned for more exciting announcements!