WorkBright is thrilled to announce the release of a new feature – Supplemental File Upload! Our vision for WorkBright has always been that you would have ONE digital repository for ALL your employee files and our rockstar engineering team has been hard at work on this new supplemental file upload functionality to give you the ability to do just that!
Think of the ‘Supplemental’ tab as your digital filing cabinet for any documents related to an individual employee AFTER they are hired. For example, you could upload:
- Disciplinary Action Sheets
- Compensation Adjustments
- Annual Reviews
- Much, Much More! Our first big step past the onboarding phase, this new functionality allows WorkBright to be the go-to resource for ALL employee files and we are thrilled to have deployed this new tab to all accounts for free!
Here’s a few anticipatory questions & answers but we invite all current customers to join us for a half-hour Customer Training Webinar on the new Supplemental File functionality next Wednesday (10/26) at 1:00 pm PT.
>> Click Here to Register for the Training <<
Q: I already have an internal form placeholder to upload these types of files. Why would I switch to the ‘Supplemental’ tab?
A: Some customers have been using a workaround to do this already, but we see the ‘Supplemental’ tab as a much better option for these reasons:
- Some supplemental forms may not apply to every employee – i.e. Disciplinary Action forms – so you don’t need a placeholder for these documents in every employee file.
- Having an internal form placeholder may create confusion when trying to visually review the onboarding progress of new employees as their files will look incomplete until there is a document in the placeholder which may not come until much later – i.e. Annual Reviews.
- Supplemental files will allow you to see past versions of the same type of form instead of replacing the current form. I.E. an Internal Compensation Form may be placed in an employee’s file several times over their tenure with your Company.
Q: What types of files can I upload?
A: Images, PDFs, Word Docs, Excel Files and Text/RTF. In specific, any file with these extensions – csv, .doc, .docx, .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .key, .numbers, .pages, .pdf, .png, .ppt, .pptx, .rtf, .txt, .xls, .xlsx.
Q: Can I view the documents in WorkBright after I upload?
A: Yes! You can view almost all file types directly in your browser just like one of your onboarding documents. For those that cannot be viewed directly in the screen, a link to download the file will be provided.
Q: Can I set User Permissions on Supplemental Files?
A: Yes again! We have added two new controls, one for viewing uploaded Supplemental Files and another for uploading Supplemental Files. If you have User Permissions enabled on your account already, you will need to enable Supplemental File access for Restricted Admins. (Side Note: If you’re not set up with advanced User Permissions yet, email us and we will get you hooked up!)
Q: Can employees view these files?
A: No, only administrators with permissions can view your Supplemental Files.