Why do so few companies properly train their employees? We can all agree that training is an essential component of your company’s success. That’s why offering ongoing training seems like a no-brainer; especially when you consider the numerous benefits of training your employees.
Too often, the busy days of your existing employees lead to a lack of focus on training new employees. Even worse, the busy lives of all employees can lead to no additional training throughout an employee’s tenure with your organization.
Training is the act of teaching or developing the skills or behaviors of your team. It is a long-term investment that more than pays for itself by making your employees better at what they do. Many companies train their employees just to tick a box on their to-do list, but training needs to be an ongoing, regular part of your company culture.
Did you know that a high percentage of employees who do not receive any training will ultimately leave their job? It’s a downward spiral from there – lost productivity, the hassles of hiring new employees, the hit on the company finances, and you’re back at square one. It’s a vicious cycle, but when you invest in proper training and focus on continued, ongoing training you can set everyone up for long-term success.
Let’s take a closer look at the benefits of training your employees:
- Safety – Safety needs to be a priority in every office. Train your employees to be safe on the job and it will reduce job site accidents.
- Productivity – When employees know what they need to do and how they need to do it, it will boost productivity rates.
- Recruitment – Job seekers want more than just a paycheck. They want their job to have value and an opportunity for advancement. Training gives them the skills and knowledge they need to climb the ladder.
- Retention – Trained individuals are more likely to stick around, which decreases your employee turnover rates.
- Cross Training – When you train employees to be adaptable and to have transferable skills, they can cover other people’s jobs as necessary.
- Consistency – The office is a better place when everyone is on the same page. Training helps to build consistent processes and mindsets so that all of your employees will work as a team.
- Employee Development – Without ongoing training, both your employees and your company will become stagnant. Training helps to push the boundaries of what is possible so that everyone grows and becomes successful.
- Competitive Advantage – Proper training will help to distinguish you from the competition. Not only will your employees be better, but your clientele will appreciate it too.
- Stay Up-To-Date – Things change and evolve. Training will keep your team up-to-date on the latest and greatest techniques and strategies for their job and your niche. Every company needs to invest the time and effort into job-specific and company-specific training that gives employees the skills, behaviors, and attitudes that will help them achieve great things. Training is expensive, but when you look at the big picture, it’s totally worth it. Make training your top priority.
Training Starts BEFORE Day 1
You can deliver ongoing training materials via WorkBright’s digital onboarding platform before your employees come in for their first day!