Status of DHS I-9 Virtual Review & Flexibility Reconciliation
Upon the expiration of the relaxed guidelines on July 31st, 2023, employers will have until August 30th, 2023 to physically review all documents that were virtually inspected during the COVID relaxed viewing guidelines.
What does this mean for you?
- Document Reconciliation: Any virtually-reviewed document needs a documented physical inspection by August 30th, 2023. Our End of Virtual Review Guide has you covered on the process and notation.
- No More Virtual Review: If you’re utilizing a process that relies on virtual document inspection, you need to implement a physical review process no later than July 31st (even for remote employees).
Still hiring remotely? We have you covered
WorkBright’s Remote I-9 is the perfect solution for employers that can’t review I-9 documents in person. Our remote Form I-9 can be facilitated remotely but always includes a compliant physical inspection by an authorized third-party.
Though the temptation of continuing your remote process through July may be strong, using a compliant software like our Remote I-9 will save time and ensure perpetually-compliant Form I-9s.
- Permanently Compliant – No reconciliation or worry required after completion
- Audit-ready – Comprehensive audit trail including dates, geolocation, & IP
- Most Accurate – Field-checking and document scanning eliminate common errors
- Guided Process – Easy for employees to complete on their own
Say goodbye to compliance worries and embrace the convenience and peace of mind provided by our I-9 solution.