Your business could be eligible for tax credits for up to $12,000 per eligible employee through a recently revived federal employment program!
The House of Representatives recently re-funded the Empowerment Zone (EZ) program, a federal initiative to revitalize the economies of select economically distressed communities across the country by providing eligible employers with federal income tax credits.
Quick Facts about FEZ
• Established in 1994 to revitalize economies of economically distressed communities
• Provides credits of up to $3,000 per qualifying employee, per year
• Employers and employees must be located within the Zone
• Credits can be claimed for the current tax year, and are retroactive for 3 years, so up to $12,000 per qualified employee may be realized immediately
Credits for the past three years can be filed for alongside taxes in March, so this webinar is intended to help you understand if you’re eligible and how to claim your credits as early as possible!
Before you register, check the list below to see if you have (or had in the past 3 years) offices in one of the 500+ zip codes around the country eligible for this credit!
Think you may be eligible? Sign up for our upcoming webinar!
- Introduction to RetroTax tax credit administration
- Tax Credits 101/History of FEZ (and why you are just hearing about this now)
- Overview of FEZ (how to qualify, what data is needed, next steps)
- Review of WOTC and other credits and the WorkBright Integration
When: Thursday, February 13th from 1-2pm Central
Who Should Attend: Business owners or managers that have or had an office located in a Federal Employment Zone Credit zip code within the past three years
How to Attend: Fill in your information to the right and details to join the webinar will be emailed to you.