How To Make Your Company Career Site Your Most Effective Recruiting ToolView all posts
Where do the majority of job seekers find your job listings? Is it via employee referral programs, social media, job boards, career fairs, word of mouth, or some other recruitment channel? There are a lot of ways to attract people to your company, but one of the most effective recruitment tools is only a click away. It’s your company career site and you need to take advantage of it.
Most of the people who apply for jobs through your career site don’t do so by accident. These job seekers are already fans of your company. They are going to actively seek out your company career site to see what jobs are currently available and if one looks appealing they are going to apply.
Creating an effective company career site requires time and effort, but so does everything else. Make this a priority because the people who want to work for you are going to find your job listings – you might as well make it as easy as possible for them.
If you want results, make your company career site job seeker friendly. Here are some things to think about when creating your site:
- Easy To Find – Make the link to your career page abundantly obvious. Add it to every page so you can get more traffic.
- Engaging - Job seekers want to land on a career page that excites them. Sell your company as an excellent place to work through photos, videos, infographics, reviews, etc.
- Highlight Culture and Brand - Job seekers want to know what you’re all about. Show them what your company stands for.
Success Stories – Tell new job seekers about what they can do when they work for you. Use real and true employee stories that highlight rapid promotions, award winning work, or employee testimonials.
- Searchable – Enable job seekers to easily search jobs.
- SEO - Include keywords that job seekers are going to search for to make your jobs easy to find.
- Stay Up-To-Date - Update job postings regularly. Keep information timely and accurate.
- Make It Shareable - Add ways to share job postings via social media. If a job seeker cannot find the perfect job, they still may share the job with a friend.
- Mobile Friendly - Make your job board mobile friendly or you will miss out on top talent.
- Outline Expectations - Tell job seekers exactly how to apply and what to do after they apply.
- Apply Button - Make it simple for a job seeker to click and submit their job application.
Every company needs an engaging company career site. It’s a cost effective recruitment tool that will produce results. Take advantage of it and make it an integral part of your company’s hiring strategy. It works. Trust us.
Ready to buff up your application process?
WorkBright can work with a number of applicant tracking systems but there are a few that we think really enable you to hit all of these points above. Our favorite is Applicant Pro for their awesome interface, great customer service, and easy integration with our onboarding platform. Check them out at www.applicantpro.com.
By: Derek Lennon, WorkBright