We are so excited to join over 13,000 of our HR friends at this year’s SHRM 2016 Annual Conference & Exposition! The conference begins on June 19th in Washington D.C. and we’ve been scouring the website checking out all the exciting presentations that will run the full 4 days of the conference.
Below are the 5 sessions we’re most looking forward to. Check out the full schedule here and let us know the session you’re most excited about in the comments below and reach out to us at email@example.com if you’d like to meet up to grab a coffee! Our founder, David Secunda, will be attending sessions, meeting with clients, and checking out the latest and greatest in the exhibit hall so would love to meet face-to-face to talk specifics about the contingent workforce, onboarding and more.
1. Opening General Session featuring Alan Mulally & Mike Rowe | 6 / 19 @ 2:30 pm – Why we’re so excited: First off, Alan Mulally (former President & CEO of Ford Motor Company) is sure to deliver some awesome insights on “Strategic & Operational Leadership”. But what makes us most excited is hearing from Mike Rowe (host of “Dirty Jobs”) about the skilled labor workforce as they are a huge portion of who we loving refer to as the “Mission Critical Workforce”! We agree that these dedicated, hard-working group of the American workforce has been greatly devalued in the eyes of many and can’t wait to hear Mike’s perspective on how we can change that! Click here to learn more about this session.
2. From Orientation to Acculturation – the 3 Elements of Successful New Employee Orientations | 6 / 20 @ 11:30 am – Why we’re so excited: Amy Hirsh Robinson is a leading expert in onboarding, talent management, and succession planning and her talks are always insightful. This one promises to deliver the same impact with a focus on the critical role employee orientation plays for young generations. Click here to learn more about this session.
3. Creating a Culture of High Trust: 10 Things Every Organization Must Do To Experience High Trust | 6 / 20 @ 2:00 pm – Why we’re so excited: Richard Fagerlin released the book “Trustology” in 2013 and has since received rave reviews for the actionable tactis presented backed by real business cases. This presentation basically looks like a boiling down of these principles and promises to deliver 10 practical solutions you can use immediately back in the office. If your boss or coworkers are skeptical of you taking time out of the office for this conference, this presentation guarantees you will come home with some great new initiatives you can implement immediately. Click here to learn more about this session.
4. The Year in Immigration | 6 / 19 @ 12:30 pm – Why we’re so excited: This is a no brainer! Three immigration power hitters are getting together for an hour and half to talk through all the major changes employers should know about in regard to immigration including: H-1B, L visas; I-9s and E-Verify; Optional Practical Training (OPT) for students; and more. This stuff is complicated and this session will help! Click here to learn more about this session.
5. Navigating the Global War on Contingent Workers | 6 / 21 @ 2:15 pm – Why we’re so excited: With the contingent workforce projected to grow to 40% by 2020, we expect to see a lot more than 1 session on this topic in years to come. For the 2016 SHRM Conference, this is it! Robert Livingston from Procter & Gamble is going to be covering the pros and cons of working with contract and contingent workers and will give you some tips on how to mitigate risk and embrace this growing population. Click here to learn more about this session.
Hope to see you at the show and check back here for our review of this year’s Annual SHRM Conference after the show!